Do not miss to meet the most popular Omaha Hi Lo online poker misconceptions. Find the answer why you are not as good as you want to be in this poker format.
If you have never heard of Omaha Hi Lo poker style, you should know three things about it:
- It is very similar to the general Omaha poker game.
- In Omaha Hi Lo poker you have two shots in total to grab…the entire pot!
- The best alternative you have for a win is to win these two hands.
Sounds simple, doesn’t it? However, it is not at all. As a matter of fact, the easiness is this underwater stone of the Omaha Hi Lo poker style. Moreover, due to this simple gameplay we see some misconceptions adopted in the regular player’s head that make him or her play quite not right at all.
The Omaha Hi Lo worst myths are about to be disclosed to you. Our main goal with this list is to show you the misconceptions about this specific poker game format that might totally interrupt your way to the success. Have a look at them now:
- All hands with an ace in Omaha Hi Lo poker should be played toughly and aggressively. Yes, many players apply this strategy aiming to reach the pot in the end, but the reality shows some quite more different outcomes. The Ace is indeed the king in poker, but mostly in the top popular poker format, which is not Omaha Hi Lo, but Texas Hold Em. As a matter of fact, you don’t have to count on the Ace that much in any poker format, including in Texas Hold Em.
- You should play only for the best high Omaha Hi Lo high hand. When you see what cards you have, the first reaction for you is to play aggressively especially when having only two shots in a poker format like this. Ok, but the button fold is available in Omaha Hi Lo, too, and we believe that at some point even the best starting hand might appear in a situation to require a fold in the middle of the session.
- It is great to call bets on the upcoming odds. When you ask for extra bets thinking that your Omaha Hi Lo hand has a total chance to turn around and to come back better, you actually make a double risk – the current pot and the potential final win. The odds, indeed, might be looking for you in the next hand, but the risk does not worth it that much if you don’t hold the best cards ever.
- In Omaha Hi Lo it is better to keep the tabs on all of the outs. Don’t forget that in this poker style you have more combinations that are potential to be formed. This means that the outs are also more, while the pots usually become higher than in any other poker format. In this case, it is a must for you not to concern about all of the outs.
Avoid making these silly Omaha Hi Lo online poker mistakes. And your game will soon become quite better.